KCEST is the parent organization that is responsible for the management of the following programs working with the Office of Emergency Management in Kent County. KCEST is a non-profit 501c3 organization.
Application Process Steps and Application
- Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! If you have any questions, please email Human Resources.
- Print and use our Applicant Checklist: here
- Please read through our frequently asked questions: FAQ
- Our full training checklists and requirements can be found here: Google Drive Public Files
- See our Welcome to the Team Packet to learn more about the checklists: here
Step 1 – Fill out our application: Here
Step 2 – Fill out our volunteer interest form here
Step 3 – Complete the Kent County Sheriff’s Office Volunteer Background Check: Application Form
Step 4 – Pass Background Check: Approval from the Kent County Office of Emergency Management
Step 5 – Set up an Interview with our HR Team.
Step 6 – Approval from KCEST Leadership and Added to Team as a Probationary Member
- KCEST Leadership will review the application and decide to either accept or decline an applicant
- Approved applicant will be placed on probationary status for 6 months and assigned to the training division. During this time, we evaluate your progress and interest level in being a team member.
Step 7 – Complete Probationary Checklists Within 6 Months
Probationary members are encouraged to respond to all callouts!