With an unprecedented crisis upon us, the Kent County Emergency Services Team is building volunteer capacity to help in multiple capacities. Because we are trying to build capacity as quickly as possible and to add volunteers to our roster for this particular event, we have created a very specific volunteer group called Event-Based Volunteers. These volunteers are not full Kent County Emergency Services Team volunteers but have the ability to become a full volunteer as they work through the process.
We are specifically looking for people who are interested in helping with the COVID-19 response. If you are interested in helping your community and meet the following requirements, there is an application form below. As a volunteer, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Complete the IS-100 (Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS) FEMA Course;
- Pass a criminal background check, having no felonies, no misdemeanors in the last ten years, and must have a valid driver’s license with no suspensions in the past five years;
- Conduct a brief phone interview with KCEST Leadership to understand your availability, capabilities, and any limitations;
- Not have had a fever or symptoms of the COVID-19 virus prior to volunteering.
How to Join
To begin the application process:
- Fill out this application form: Event-Based Volunteer Application
- Complete the background check form: Kent County Sheriffs Office Background Check
- Complete this training from FEMA: IS-100.C: Introduction to the Incident Command System, ICS 100
- Wait. One of our team members will be in contact with you.
If you have an interest in becoming a full member of the Kent County Emergency Services team, our current requirements can be found here: Current KCEST and Kent County Sheriffs Deparment volunteer requirements for full membership. You can find more information about joining KCEST as a full volunteer here: How to Join KCEST.
If you have been accepted as an event based volunteer you may apply to be a full member by contacting our HR team. You will need to create a “Love Me Book” which will contain all of your trainings, classes, certificates, and other important documents as a part of this volunteer group.