- Age 18+
- Field Operations:
- Should be in reasonably good health. Field Positions require a physical fitness test. Non-Field positions may have this waved.
- Clean Criminal History / Background Check
- All Felony’s
- Misdemeanors within the previous 10 years to applying
- Major Traffic Violations within the previous 7 years of applying
- All domestic Violation or any violence towards a person
- Instant Disqualification items:
- Must have a Michigan Drivers License and a reliable vehicle
- Must take required training’s
- Must respond at all hours of the day or night
- Must be willing to work in less than desirable conditions
- Must be a team player
- Must acquire an Amateur Radio License within six months of joining
- Persons applying to be Field Qualified will successfully pass a Physical Fitness Test.
Applicant Processing Flow
Step 1 – Application
- Please read through our frequently asked questions located here: FAQ
- Fill out our application: Apply here
Step 2 – Interview
- We will contact members to set up an interview / discuss the team with them
- Interested individuals will complete the required applicant documents.
- Those persons who pass the interview will be asked to complete a background check through KCSD
Step 3 – Wait
- While waiting, members can review paperwork and start on independent study work
- Our Training checklist and other member files can be found here: Google Drive Public files
Step 4 – Completion of Background check
- The Emergency Manager will notify the Director of their decision.
- KCSAR Leadership will review information related to the applicant.
- KCSAR Leadership will decide to either accept or decline an applicant.
- Approved Applicant will be placed on probationary status and assigned to the training division.
Step 5 – Welcome to the team
Thank You all for your interest. Any questions feel free to email Human Resources