Kent County Skywarn is looking for an experienced weather enthusiast to fill the roll of Coordinator. This is a volunteer
position. Candidates must be willing to make a two-year (minimum) commitment.
Duties and responsibilities include:
· Coordinates Skywarn activation’s
· Advises Kent County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (KCRACES) leadership on potential severe weather
· Makes recommendations on potential Emergency Operations Command Center activation
· Reports severe weather
Communicate with the National Weather Service
· Attend (via Internet) various weather briefings
· Operates net control when other net controllers are not available. Trains net controllers.
· Coordinates Skywarn annual training for the public
· Participates in the monthly siren tests and communicates results
Skywarn coordinator requirements:
· Previous radio operations
· Basic Skywarn Training
· Must complete Advanced Skywarn Training within 12 months of appointment
· Must join Kent County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service
· Willing to make a two-year commitment to the position
· Amateur Radio License
· Own Dual band Amateur Radio both mobile and handheld
· Ability to sustain radio operations from home
· FEMA IS-22, IS-100.b, IS-271
Reports to the Kent County RACES Coordinator or designee.